Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome


I noticed since my first pregnancy, when I woke up in the morning, my hands will swollen, in pain and feel numbness. I cannot fully grip or hold something because it's really painful. To release it, I have to massage or do a little bit exercise. But, it's not fully recovered but help to improve my hand's function. It's really irritating. At first, I thought it was because of pregnancy itself becoz the hormone changes, or the blood didn't move smoothly like malay always said 'urat tersimpul'. Hehehe... biasala me typical malay.
But, it happened again and again. Limit my movement, even at one time I have to 'mc' myself becoz I couldn't grip at all. So, how to go to work, perform my duty. Yala, keje kena guna computer, pen. And then, I've heard about the syndrome and google to find more. True enough, I'm the one who suffered from that syndrome.



It's not something in danger but will irritate u and like I said it will release for a while then happen again and again. I went to see a doctor and she performed one test to confirm it. I cannot remember exactly how the doctor did the test. What I can recall, I need to close my eyes, she touch certain area on the palm, then asked the difference of the touching between few point. Which is more, which is less. Normally, for the start doctor will only give medication to help ease the pain. Then she suggested to me to go for further investigation which is I still hold. Malas betul.



The specific reason for this is unknown. The treatment? The best is through surgery. For me, few things need to consider if to go for surgery. First thing, of course my kids. Kalau dah besar okla. Then, the post surgery especially the physiotherapy part. Malas or rajin or time constraint. Last, the consequences if I say no to surgery. The effect in future. Maybe for the time being, I will consider to try other treatment. Now, we have many options. Not only modern one, but also traditional and complementary like acupuncture, homeopathy, ayurvedha. Just to name a few. Interested to know more just google or go to this website http://www.medicinenet.com/carpal_tunnel_syndrome

No comments:

Post a Comment